Indoor Soccer 2020-21 is a GO!
MSA, WYSA, Bonivital and Southdale have worked hard to make a 2020-21 indoor season possible. An MSA Indoor Return to Participate protocol document has been approved for indoor activity. A recap of additional restrictions are listed below with full details available on the MSA website.
Indoor soccer is a great way to play soccer through the winter to help maintain and build skills while staying active. Winnipeg's indoor facilities are fabulous - make indoor soccer your new winter sport!
CONVENOR - Andrea Lear - firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION FEE - $400 all ages
AGES - 9-18 years (born 2011-2002)
SEASON DATES - October 29, 2020 -- mid-March 2021
LEAGUE - City Wide scheduled by WYSA
VENUES - Winnipeg Soccer Federation South (University of Manitoba, Axworthy Health and RecPlex (University of Winnipeg) and Winnipeg Soccer Federation North (Garden City CC)
GAME DAYS - Historically, girls' teams play Saturday, boys' teams Sunday. Older ages may play during the week.
PRACTICES - TBD. Please note - due to a shortage of gymnasium space and no access to school gyms, teams may not be able to practice during the week. Teams are welcome to source and fund their own practice space.
-Teams will be determined in early October
-Late registration will only be accepted dependent on the availability of roster spots in the age group.
-All late registrations subject to $50 Late Fee - no exceptions
-Registration dates TBD very soon.
Parent coaches are the foundation of our soccer teams and the club needs coaches for teams. Please consider being a coach, assistant coach or team manager. When registering, please check the appropriate box to indicate your willingness to coach/assist/manage. Not only would you be contributing to your child's and other player's development and supporting the community - you are part of a very rewarding experience!
In order to balance roster sizes, players may be placed on teams with other community clubs. Southdale Soccer tries its best to keep all Southdale players on a Southdale team. However, should Southdale be required to transfer player(s) to another community club, a request to volunteer to transfer will be sent to registered players in the affected group. If there are no players who volunteer to transfer, a lottery for transfer from all registered players in that group will be made to determine the transferee(s).
INDOOR RTP UPDATES
1. No spectators are permitted at adult competitions. A maximum of one guardian per youth player may attend at youth competitions. If guardians are staying at the facility, they must observe physical distancing regulations/guidelines.
2. Face masks must be worn inside the facility when not on the pitch. This includes players and coaches before and after training and all spectators at youth competitions (over the age of 5.) During games, all technical officials must wear masks except the one coach providing instructions to the players on the field.
3. No loitering inside the facility.
4. No change rooms will be used - participants should come dressed.
5. Bathroom facilities will be sanitized before and after each booking. Only one person in a bathroom at a time.
6. Games will be scheduled to consider reducing traffic between groups arriving and departing.
7. It is possible that the majority of quarter field matches will be played at WSF North and half field matches at WSF South due to the difference in seating capacities.